Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wordless Wednesday - Arachnaphobia

A huge spider has taken over the courtyard and Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville, Arkansas.  It looks like something from a 1950's scifi movie or a character from the new Star Wars episode due in theaters this December.  The exhibit is temporary.  I don't know how long it will be on display in the outdoor central courtyard, which, by the way is two stories below facility that surrounds it.  So how do you get a 30 foot tall spider into an sunken enclosed courtyard.  Here's how it's done.



Pretty impressive huh.  I am sure that removal will be just as impressive.


Even though he is impressive in size, I've been assured that he is harmless.  Still, I don't think that there is enough Raid in Bentonville to bring him down, should he get out of hand.  He's not all that scary if you keep your distance, but...
he can be down right intimidating if you venture too close.
There are a couple of new exhibits inside the museum but I didn't really have the time to explore them.  Maybe next week.

4 comments:

  1. That's a scary piece and I'll keep my distance thankyouverymuch.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very unusual.
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/double-play-on-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I was a bit scared to check out your post until I realized the featured spider was a sculpture. The part that is supposed to be the face looks pretty realistic (and scary).

    ReplyDelete