Saturday, December 6, 2014

2014 Christmas Music Marathon - Day 9

Anyone who has been in the military that are deployed overseas, or anyone who has family in the military knows that the holidays can be difficult.  While it seems like the rest of the world is celebrating with friends and family, those with military family can only remember Christmas' past and look forward to being together again.  While I was in Vietnam, my mother would send me the occasional "care package".  On instance, a pretty good sized box arrived.  I opened it to find a fully decorated 3' Christmas tree.  All of the guys enjoyed having a little bit of home in the middle of the war zone.  If you have military family, or know of a service personnel that is deployed overseas, take a few minutes and send them a little Christmas.  Believe me, they will never forget your kindness.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that last video was awesome. That is a timeless Christmas song. Excellent.

    Have a blessed weekend my friend, and God Bless our troops.

    ReplyDelete